Quality scaffolding structures
Are you looking to hire a professional contractor in the field of scaffolding in Birmingham? Here are a few tips to help you choose the best scaffolding contractor.
- Ensure that the company you are hiring is reliable and that they offer professional work. You can do this checking the company’s credibility on appropriate sites in the internet.
- Before hiring, make sure that the company is enlisted as among the companies that are accredited by the necessary construction authorities. In the UK, you can check the NASC (National Access & Scaffolding Confederation), which can give you a list of names of companies that offer scaffolding in Birmingham. NASC has over 200 scaffolding contractors that are enlisted as members.
- Another reliable association that have numerous scaffolding contractors to choose from is the National Access and Scaffolding Federation.
Why hire a certain contractor over another?
Hiring a reputable professional has its advantages. First, you are assured that the work will be completed within professional standards. Second, you are sure that the contractor has all the necessary permits, and can adhere to the strict measures that are put in place by NASC.
What rules should a scaffolding contractor follow?
There are numerous rules that should be followed in the making and use of scaffolding structures. The basic guidelines that a professional scaffolding contractor should follow are outlined below:
- Safety standards- contractors must ensure that their workmen are protected from risks such as falling materials, and can do so using protective helmets.
- Fall protection measures- fall protection requirements include the installation of safety guardrails and fall arrest structures. Also, lifelines can be put within the scaffold structure, either horizontally or vertically. These safety measures are a requirement for scaffolding that goes higher than 10 feet.
- It is required by law that all scaffolding structures be inspected by the relevant authorities before the construction.
- You should ensure that you have all the necessary permits as a client